By Lesley Goulding

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Clean Bandit // OOTN














Last Thursday I went to see Clean Bandit in the Academy. It was an early gig so I wanted to be able to enjoy the last few hours of the glorious sun while I was in town, but I wanted to be pretty comfy too. I recently bought a co-ord set from Motel Rocks, a leopard print crop top and skirt to match, they're really simple pieces and I've worn both in so many ways already. 

They look great together and even better mix matched with other pieces. With little time to choose what to wear - I got home from childminding at 5 to 6 and was aiming for the 20 past 6 train - I figured the MotelRocks Folly leopard print crop top paired with my grey jersey maxi skirt from River Island was the best choice. Of course flats were an obvious choice. I initially put on my Nike Air Maxs and was on my way out the door when I quickly decided, yes, a girl can wear to much leopard print and took my nikes off and replaced them with my white Air Force 1.  

Like any person in a rush, as soon as I left the house I immediately regretted wearing the maxi skirt. Thinking to myself, that the skirt could be an accident waiting to happen, between it being too big for me ( only realised on the train) and it well, being bloody floor length, I had images of someone standing on it at the gig and the skirt just ripping leaving me skirt less. But I can happily report that that did not happen. 

Clean Bandit were amazing live. Their stage presence is amazing, and I just fell in love even more with them. My only disappointment was that sometimes you couldn't hear Grace Chatto playing the cello. Being a band that mixes classical music with electronic and deep-house elements, can mean sometimes the classical elements can get lost in live performances. All the same, Grace's energy was electrifying and she looked deadly too. I'd definitely urge anyone to go see them live the next time they're playing Dublin.










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig