By Lesley Goulding

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Colour by numbers.





There used to be a time where I wouldn't wear pinks or reds. The thought that my clothes would match the colour of my skin was just a tad too nightmarish for me. Just a blob of blotchy redness, not something to strive for when you want to look your best when you're not feeling your best. That being said, my skin over the last month has been getting better. Alas! Rejoice says the crowds! The long awaited moment I could actually say that phrase has come.

And so, I've found myself wearing more colour recently compared to my usual funeral worthy attire, of all black - Although can I say, wearing black all the time when you've dry flakey skin, as one would presume, isn't necessarily a good idea, because due to the, well, flakiness. Wearing colour again, I think began when I bought leopard print heels in Primark in January, then these red beauties in the Asos christmas sale. I'm not going head to toe colour blocking, but small pops of colour are sneaking into my daily wardrobe more and more.

As I splurged all of fourteen euro on these Maryam Nassir Zadeh lookalikes I felt it was necessary to get the black version too. They seem to be going with a lot more than I anticipated too. I genuinely thought I would find myself wearing the black more often, but so far these almost oriental brick red ones are a firm favourite with everything from jeans to skirts. I must give a heads up though, if you're thinking of purchasing these heels, they will rip the ankles off you for the first few wears. But I promise they do soften up.

In other news, myself and my mum have found the patience with one another to take photographs of outfits. She's learning, I'm learning, she's getting better at taking them, I'm finding the inner patience to let her get the right shot after showing her examples. It's been a hilarious process as we're both so similar - we're both stubborn - and so we took a break on trying to get photos but now we're giving it a go again, and I'm at last building up outfit photos for Denim & Silk again!










Heels - Asos Simone Heel 
Jeans - Topshop Jamie
Shirt - H&M Exaggerated Cuff 
Jumper - H&M
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig