By Lesley Goulding

Friday, October 6, 2017

Dry & Fly


I can not blow dry my own hair let alone style it. I've said this multiple times since getting my hair cut short last summer, I just struggle with the whole sectioning off pieces to style and never have I ever managed to blow dry my hair without it becoming a frizzy-wild hairdo that can only be compared to that of lego man bob. 

With that being said over the last year I have spent a silly amount of money on getting professional blow drys. I have no problem spending my money on doing this, especially when I know that a salon wash and blow-dry will last me at least five days before having to wash it - perks of thick hair with a little shoutout to dry shampoo. While I don't mind spending the money, it is expensive to do so every week. So with the opening of Dry & Fly on Wicklow Street it's been in my diary for a good while now to test it out. ( I haven't been out much since the opening and haven't done much with my hair other than a mouldy messy bun every other day) At last I had a reason to get my hair done and promptly made an appointment. 

On arrival I was greeted by Christine, who by the way, I would highly recommend between her mad skills with short thick hair and the topics we talked about over the 30 odd minutes. It wasn't just the service I was impressed by, nor the price point for an excellent wash and blow dry in the city centre - a very impressive and pocket friendly €30 euro for the Velvet Style on my on short hair. What really stood out was the overall aesthetic of Dry & Fly. The interiors are gorgeous and the colour scheme makes it feel just the right amount of 'cozy' for the bar aspect of this beauty salon - ensuring you're chilled Glendalough G'n'T goes down a treat while you get pampered. 

Might have been my first time visiting, but I am sure it won't be my last when prices start at a mere €18 you can't really go wrong for a professional, friendly and alcohol serving beauty salon in the middle of the city. 









SaveSave
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig