By Lesley Goulding

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Men's Inspiration // Macklemore


I'm sure everyone who attended Macklemore & Ryan Lewis on Sunday is still buzzing from their night. Having not gotten a ticket for it, I had my own personal Macklemore gig at home. Lit some candles, painted my nails and stuck himself on repeat for the night. Thanks Youtube.

Now, I'll say I loooove M&RL , but I'll admit I still don't know all their songs. In my journey across youtubes playlists for the pair I came their latest video for White Walls, which features Schoolboy Q and Hollis - we'll discuss this lovely lady another time, but for now lets focus on Ben Heggarty, yes that is his real name. Would have never pinned him as a Ben. Too ordinary. What his real name disappoints in, his style makes up for. Which is far from ordinary. More like just wonderfully fantastically refreshing. His style really just grabbed me in. I think it was that mexican style matador uniform. Hot. 







Any man who wear what looks like a Bull Fighters Costume to the MTV Movie Awards, and matador style hats on a regular basis is a ten in my books. In an interview with The Independant back in May of this year, Macklemore said ;

"I don't have a stylist. I just love fashion, I've always loved it / I don't wanna dress like every other rapper, I wanna be creative, I wanna be original, be true to who I am."

Macklemore is fly. And yes he's pretty fly for a white guy. The fact he is white, american , and well rapping, all gives the human brain of 2k13 the distinct imagery of vanilla ice and eminem circa 90's. Not a good time for Eminems wardrobe. Macklemore though is beyond any stereotypical white rappers personas. His taste is 'out there' and sometimes a bit wack, but my god is it refreshing to see a guy enjoy  a decent vintage fur coat, capes, some solid gold jewellery, suede tasseled jackets, and of course who could forget that onzie from the Thrift Shop video. 

Macklemore is a style god. He is one of the few who's making being stylish, but still  masculine, far more approachable for young men. He has a unique style thats pushing the boundaries of being creative and fusing both thrift shop finds with highstreet finds. For young men today, Macklemore I would think is one of the bigger influences on style, and personal taste. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig