By Lesley Goulding

Monday, June 26, 2017

Beginning to Bloom



I have not been hiding away from blogging compared to what you might think. I have been gradually been developing new ideas for content and how I might like this space, my space, to grow in the coming months. What I thought initially was heading towards a full re-branding project is now looking more like a smaller more focused project. So watch this space, or my analogy for it these days is that this blog, and like me, are a garden, and new flowers keep blooming.

As my career's future gets more concrete with each passing week of experience, and with a new opportunity after arising from a casual chat with a lovely business-woman at Bloom - an ode to how just having a conversation with someone can lead to amazing unexpected things, so don't be afraid - has been filling my time like never before. As I haven't had huge amounts of time to myself, each week I've given myself a task to do that benefits me in some way. In the last two or so weeks I have been tackling the mess that is my wardrobe.

During a wardrobe cull you realise a lot about your personal style and what type of clothing makes you happy. This outfit although is certainly not my a-typical all black uniform, it made me feel creative of all things. The colour block from the red leather skirt made me feel bold, confident and for the ten euro it cost me in the Zara Christmas sale, it has become a go to piece in my wardrobe in recent weeks. The pinstripe shirt and oversized cuff gave the look I think a nod to formal workwear without being slacks and shirt, especially since I had two meetings the day I wore this outfit the shirt brought the attention grabbing red skirt some competition in the right way. As I am trainer gal through and through , I had to pair the look with my khaki Adidas Speizals. Initially leaving the house I had doubts teaming red and green together in the middle of June, but as the day progressed I loved the colour situation more and more.

Style is a funny thing nowadays, with the era of the hashtag I admit I feel odd when I can't categorise my style for a given outfit. But is that not slightly weirder that I would want to categorise it all? Everyone one wants to be unique and different, but when everyone follows some form of style category, currently the hitter being minimal, no-one stands out. Culling my wardrobe raised a few qualms about my choice of clothing, but as I threw more clothing out and began to make mental notes of new outfits and how to update old pieces, the question of style went out the window. But more what clothes made me happy and confident.


Oversized Cuff Shirt - H&M
Red Faux Leather Skirt - Zara
Adidas Speizal - JD Sports. 
Assorted Rings.








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig