By Lesley Goulding

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fitness// Falling Off and Back onto the Treadmill



It's amazing what putting the right food into your body can do to your  physique. I was in the H&M changing rooms trying a few bits on over a week ago and noticed how my belly was less defined and a little pudgy for me. Truth be told, I hadn't been in the gym or exercising properly in over a month, and it was beginning to show. I kept making excuses saying I didn't feel right, or was too tired and just didn't feel 'fit' to do a proper sweaty betty workout compared to my leisurely stretches or spot of yoga in my room. 

I think that's the worst thing you can do to yourself though, letting yourself believe your body will tell you when it's ready. It won't. Like anyone else, I had to make the mental decision ( it's hard stuff deciding to get off your ass ) to just push myself and see what happened. So when I came home that day after seeing myself in that non-forgiving floor to ceiling mirror, I went for a brisk walk with my dog. This alone reenergised me, my energy levels were suddenly high and all I wanted to do was go HAM and do some cardio and weights.    
     
    
            The H&M changing room moment in my leggings that felt a bit snugger than normal. 

Off I trotted to the gym and a week later I'm back to normal. Not just from a few gym sessions and brisk walks, but because of the food that I am eating. With my skin having a massive flare up that same weekend, I tired to detox my body and eat what's called 'cooling foods' according to Chinese medicine. So in came the smoothies and out went half-eating-whatever-was-in-the-fridge-for-brekkie. Within a few days my abs were coming back, I felt better - the cough I had been harbouring for two weeks was fading off- and with the aid of some magic creams and potions my skin cleared up. 
                                  
           
                                        
        A week later of eating naturally detoxing foods, a walk everyday and some extra cardio and
                                                             weight training in the gym. 


I'm usually so rigorous when it comes to exercise, but I guess everyone falls off the imaginary treadmill once in a while. I think you just have to find the strength to crawl back onto it when you do fall, instead of letting the one trip up keep you down. 

Has anyone else fallen off their imaginary or real treadmill, how did you overcome it and get back into your exercise routine? What gave you the drive to get back into it? 

  



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig