By Lesley Goulding

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Perfect Red Lip

 

             My utensils for the perfect red lip;


                        
 Neon Orange , Mac
This colour is great for nights where you want a red lip, but don't feel in my words, glamorous enough to go the full whack of Marilyn Monroe Red Lips, but more of Jean Shrimpton kinda gal.  I find this neon orange actually gives my skin a sunny glow, the orange tones make paler girls like myself seem a bit more 'sun kissed' in these rough winter months! Super for dressing up a jeans & sweater combination. 





Passionate Red 509 , KikoCosmetics
Before I found this shade of Red, I thought I would never be able to pull off red lips being pale. How wrong I was. I swear by this shade of red, and the texture is just so incredibly 
creamy.




         
Benefits High Beam
I use Benefits High Beam for every bit of highlighting I need. I love this product and recently found if you use a little dab just on the base of your cupids bow your lips become so much more accentuated and fuller.






          

Kiko Smart Lip Pencils 203 & 204

So this shouldn't be the first time hearing that a good lip liner is your best friend when doing a red lip. I know a few girls who still go by using concealer to stop the colour bleeding. But seriously, once you get the hang of lining your lips and know your shape, lining your lips or filling them in completly with the pencil (what I do) then dabbing with a lip balm before even going near your lipstick will set you up for a red lip that'll just make you wanna smile.


*If you have any handy tricks you do when doing your lipstick, don't be scaldy, do share!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig